Event date: 29th & 30th of June 2019
Entries open 24th of May 2019.. Enter through
11th of June 2019
14th of June 2019
Classes from 80 to Novice
Cross Country Description
All courses are designed to be flowing and up to height using natural undulations, running over mature parkland. The course will include a mixture of permenant and portable fences.
Entry to the event for all spectators will be charged per car. If you have your British Eventing Membership you get in for free, please show this to the stewards. If you wish a programme there will be charge of £5.00.
Car & Programme - £10.00
CASH ONLY, NO CARD FACILITY
Stabling & Accommodation
The stabling list:
Lisa Ogilive stabling suitable for all sizes of vehicles. Please contact her @
Scottish National Equestrian Centre, Uphall. Please contact or 01506865738
Pammy Stevenson Equestrian , Ravensneuk Farm, Penicuik, EH268PL - 3 stables avaliable - HGV access and hook up.
Morag O'Mara, Hope Park, Blackness, Linlithgow, EH49 7NE - 2 stables avaliable, not suitable for HGV's. Please contact Morag on: 07500333193
Sandra - 8 stables available for the whole weekend, in East Lothian only 40 minutes from the event. HGV friendly. Please contact Sandra on 07881466915
If you have stables to offer and would like to be added to the list, please contact:
Health & Safety
The organisers of this event have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organiser and all the officials and stewards.
General Safety Information
1. All persons attending the event are encouraged to purchase a programme, which contains a map showing the different parts of the event.
2. All visitors are directed to use designated crossing points when on the cross country course. Please watch out for horses at all times and listen for warning whistles.
3. Anyone requiring first aid should go to the Secretary’s tent. Only medical problems arising at the event will be treated.
4. All dogs must be kept on short leads at all times.
5. Spectators and competitors are advised to prepare for all weathers. Please wear sensible footwear and bring sun protection cream, a hat, light waterproofs and a coat.
6.Due to the uneven surface, and in part irregular territory, it may be difficult for spectators to move around freely and easily, as a result of which the area covered by the event may not be suited for those who suffer medical conditions.
7. The use of motorbikes and all-terrain vehicles are banned except for authorised officials. Anyone found riding a motorbike or all-terrain vehicle without permission will be asked to leave the event
8. No skipping-out of lorries and trailers on the park field. All litter and dung must be taken home.
9. The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission to Hopetoun Horse trials to any person or to withdraw permission at any time to remain at the event and shall not be required to give any reason for such action.
10. The Organising Committee shall not be liable in respect of any loss or damage whatsoever arising from the abandonment or postponement of Hopetoun Horse Trials .